In honor of the great James Lipton, here’s my Pivot Questionnaire:
I’d have rather done this on the show. I’m sorry we lost you this week, but what a run!
1. What is your favorite word? – Miasma, because it’s fun to say, and I don’t get to use it that often in a sentence.
2. What is your least favorite word? – could…. because I almost always misspell it as ‘coukd’ it just irks me… somehow in the last four-hundred thousand words or more, it keeps popping up. I also miss the space bar and type in a ‘b’ a lot instead, like this: ‘andbthen’ and spell checkers just can’t find and correct this flaw (I’m looking at you Grammarly) but that’s not really a word, so… coukd it is.
3. What turns you on? – story structure. thinking about it, talking about it, doing about it, whatever-ing about it.
4. What turns you off? – commuting
5. What sound or noise do you love? – the laughter behind an inside joke
6. What sound or noise do you hate? – when an IV machine (attached to me) either kinks or finishes, causing it to go BEEP BEEP BEEP!
7. What is your favorite curse word? – Bullshit. Saying it to me feels like the spoken language equivalent of a shotgun blast, especially if you say it fast.
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? – Time-traveling Dinosaur Photographer. I’ll make a killing on iStock Photo and similar sites. That or operate a food truck that sells only custom gourmet ice creams that I design, by the pint.
9. What profession would you not like to do? – Film critic. I’ll talk about theme, lighting and other film theory all day. I just don’t want to go to movies to boil it all down for people to a simple star/ tomato rating or a thumbs up/thumbs down status.
10. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates? – “You were right.”
What are yours?
After comments are off, why not twitter? @jsaye